Wednesday, September 4, 2013

YOU NEED SOME DRAGONBAIT

Gentle Readers . . . and Maxwell,

Yesterday I started reading Elemental by our friend Brandon Ax, who blogs at Writer's Storm: Brandon Ax. I'm already impressed by his work because he's writing in the voice of a teenage girl. He's getting it right. She's not ridiculously over-the-top feminine. She's just a girl, albeit a girl with some unusual problems.

When I finish Elemental, I'll interview Brandon and review the book, which you can purchase from Wayman Publishing at http://www.waymanpublishing.com/index.php/books or from Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/Elemental-Light-Bringer-Saga-Volume/dp/148414791X.

I'll also be re-reading Dragonbait soon when I receive my copy of the book (Disclosure: I was one of the editors on this book).


Written by David McLain and beautifully illustrated by Felix Eddy, this book is a keeper. We classify it as a Young Adult novel, but I don't think you have to be young to enjoy it. McLain's writing is sharp and witty. Dragonbait features a strong and interesting heroine.

I'll also interview McLain and Eddy and review the book. Now you know it's coming up, in case you want to go ahead and get your copy. You can buy it from Wayman Publishing at http://www.waymanpublishing.com/index.php/books, or you can sign up to receive an email at http://www.amazon.com/Dragonbait-David-McLain/dp/148271891X and Amazon will notify you when it's available.

It's also available in Felix Eddy's etsy shop at

https://www.etsy.com/listing/159554439/dragonbait-young-adult-novel-by-david. If you order it from the etsy shop, McLain and Eddy will autograph it.

I'd love to see Dragonbait do well. I enjoyed it so much when I was editing it. 

I want you to enjoy it, too.

I admit I'm not reading as much now as I usually do. 

I'm spending a decent amount of time on binge watching Arrested Development on Netflix. 

We went through all the episodes of Orange Is The New Black in a flash. 

And of course, I have to watch the final episodes of  Breaking Bad on AMC. 

Will the grim reaper finally catch up to Walter White?

We shall see very soon. 


Infinities of love,

Janie Junebug

17 comments:

  1. I love the cover, and Janie, you always write great reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Peaches. Isn't Felix a talented illustrator?

      Delete
  2. Dragon Bait looks good! Maybe it can bait this Mama dragon. ;0)

    I haven't seen Breaking Bad in a long time. I can't believe its in the final episodes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dragonbait is so good. You might even read it with your daughter. I think Breaking Bad has four episodes left. It's so exciting!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love dragons. I just added this book to my want to read list at Goodreads. Thanks for telling us about it.

    How are you liking the Arrested Development season on Netflix? I loved, loved, loved the first three seasons and had trouble getting into the first few Netflix episodes, but after about 4 I started liking it better (though still not as well as the originals).

    My husband is addicted to Breaking Bad. I, on the other hand, thanks to my daughter, have discovered Supernatural. Even if you're not into that sort of thing, it's worth watching a couple episodes just for the two ADORABLE MCs. I think I've been having dreams about them, but I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Arrested Development. I really enjoy the way they're presenting plot lines in bits and pieces. Adorable MCs? I wonder if they'll show up in your bedroom at night, and I don't mean in dreams.

      Delete
  4. See...I knew there was a reason I liked you. Arrested Development, Orange, and Breaking Bad. Okay 3 reasons then.

    No one interrupts me for anything between 8-9:00 p.m. on Sunday nights. I'm dying to know how it's all going to shake out.

    I like YA books. Unless they're sequels to Twilight.

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dragonbait has absolutely nothing to do with Twilight. Not that I've ever read Twilight, but I'm certain there's no relationship. Breaking Bad is making me crazy. I can't wait to see what happens.

      Delete
  5. Good lord, you're all over the place! How do you have the time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had polio and I have to spend most of my time in an iron lung. Other than visits with my sex therapist and priest, I have nothing to do except read, write, and talk dirty.

      Delete
  6. I'm impressed that he writes so authentically as a teenaged girl! That't not easy to do at all. I've got two good books I'm reading that I can't seem to find the time to finish. One day, one day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will happen. I hope you're settling in happily to retirement. I bet you'll read more when the weather is cooler.

      Delete
  7. Dragonbait looks great. Glad you are enjoying Elemental.

    I am probably one of the three people who have never watched Breaking Bad. I will have to get the seasons one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Favorite Young Man is one of the other people who has never watched Breaking Bad. I bet you would like it, and so would he. Middle Child has been watching it on Netflix. She loves it.

      Delete
  8. It must be exciting for you to see Dragonbait reach the market after all the work you no doubt put into it. I hope it does well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't difficult to work on at all. Dragonbait is so well written and funny that it was a joy to edit.

      Delete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.