Tuesday, May 14, 2013

AUTHOR AUTHOR: FABULOUS FISHDUCKY PART II

Gentle Readers . . . and Maxwell,





To read the first part of my interview with author Fran Fischer of fishducky, finally!, please click HERE. And now here's the rest of the interview, followed by some good dirt information about Fran and her many talents.

Remember, fishducky's first book is available NOW. It's called Fishducky's Fables, and you can get it at http://www.amazon.com/Fishduckys-Fables-Fran-Fischer/dp/1482581434. A quick reminder: In the book, fishducky rewrites fairy tales, fables, and nursery rhymes, in her own unique and hilarious style.


Q. Did you tell your children the kinds of stories that are in your book?

A. Not that I recall.  I didn't realize that I was funny then.  (See answer #1.) 

Q.. How did you reach the decision to write the book?

A. Your "middle child", Elisa conned me into it.  I submitted two or three stories to her for an anthology.  I didn't think I could, but she convinced me that I could write a book.  I asked her how many stories I would need and she told me ten or twelve.  I wrote ten and sent them to her.  She said I was halfway there.  It was so much fun.  I couldn't turn off my brain and I just kept writing.  I almost expected to find a message scrawled in lipstick on my bathroom mirror saying, "Stop me before I write again!"   

Q. Which story in the book is your favorite and why?

A. Actually, I have no favorite.  If one of the stories didn't make me chuckle or at least smile after many readings, it was deleted. 

Q. What can we expect from the fabulous fishducky in the future?

A. I have no idea, but since I'm only 36 (in my mind, anyway) there's plenty of time to figure that out. 

Q. What do you want the world to know about you and your book?

A. I consider it my fourth child.  As an unbiased mother, I can tell you it's brilliant and would be a bargain at twice the price.  Buy it!!


I suspect some readers will be making purchases in a hurry, fishducky!

Now I want to tell you a little more about the multi-talented fishducky.

Fishducky and Inger of Desert Canyon Living are long-time friends. Inger has featured fishducky's art on her blog, including the following:

Yes, this is a fishducky original.


My middle child, Elisa, from The Crazy Life Of A Writing Mom, has had the privilege of meeting fishducky. Elisa says that fishducky is so funny she could be a stand-up comedian. And if my middle child says it, then it must be so. My middle child was also intelligent enough to publish Fishducky's Fables through her great company, Wayman Publishing. You can click on the link to Wayman to buy the books they've published, including fishducky's. 

And, finally, I'm going to get all sickeningly sentimental on you and tell you that when I was a young and struggling blogger, fishducky found me through some of the other blogs she followed (she didn't write a blog at the time, but she was a loyal follower), and she sent me an email asking if I'd like to be one of her "duckies." 

I knew I had made it at that moment. I was a success. Fishducky sends hilarious emails to her duckies, and she's given me two of my most treasured virtual possessions. Both are always present on the sidebar of my blog. They are my badge



 because fishducky understands that I am The Queen of Grammar, and this button:


Yes. My blog is Fishducky APPROVED. I know of no greater honor. 

And now I must rush off to get a plane ticket to Las Vegas. Fishducky has asked me to marry her, and I've agreed. 

But, before I go, I'll write my review of Fishducky's Fables and post it tomorrow.

Infinities of fishducky love,

Janie Junebug


23 comments:

  1. Wow- she is a very talented artist! And I'm glad to know you've got the badge. I've got some arrests I need you to make...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live to serve, and yes, fishducky is soooo talented.

      Delete
  2. Thank you, but I'm too old & decrepit (although I don't remember ever being crepit) to be a stand up comedian. Could I be a sitting down stand up comedian?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fishducky, you could be a stand-up comedian! I'm glad Elisa convinced you to write. You're hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fishducky prefers to be a sit-down comedian.

      Delete
  4. I wouldn't think of missing fishducky's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for the heads up on it. Wow, I already knew fishducky was funny, but I didn't realize she was such a talented artist, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inger (Desert Canyon Living) features art by fishducky regularly. It's all beautiful.

      Delete
  6. Okay. Since you like Carol B., I will follow you and buy your book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll enjoy it and you'll love her blog.

      Delete
  7. Dear Janie, fishducky approved!!!! That says a lot. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tip, running over there now to take a peek at her site.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so jealous of people who can write and draw. And man, she can draw! I will have to check out her book, it sounds really fun.

    How sweet that she's been such a support to you. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be even sweeter if she supported me financially. Fishduckieeeeee! Show me the money!

      Delete
  10. Yes Fishducky is such an amazing talented woman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone who knows her agrees with that.

      Delete
  11. You SHOULD be a sit-down/stand-up comedian. :)

    I'm so glad that you wrote this. The kids and I love the book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay. Definitely on my 'buy with my gift card' list! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha - I was just going to say waht Jenny did! I've got some nieces and nephews who will fully appreciate the silliness. Heeeey, maybe after reading it they'll think I'm a cool aunt!

    Love that this book came along at the request who couldn't get enough Ducky. Sounds like Janie can't either. Viva!

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.